Wednesday, February 6, 2008

6 minutes 44 seconds

What is a 6 minute 44 second conversation? It depends on who you talk to in that moment....is it life-changing or just mood-altering? That all depends on you.

I had that conversation tonight.

I wouldn't say it changed my life, maybe not immediately, but it did change my perspective on friends. For once I realize that true friends exist. ones who really care. Ones who have a pile of homework but take the time to read your dumb blog you just updated after three months of silence.......and then call you back to talk about it. They then share their beliefs and testimony and hang up immediately and oddly enough you don't feel short changed. You feel lucky for those 6 minutes and 44 seconds they took to make sure you were ok. They planted a seed hoping it will take root. The seed was love, faith, a strong self esteem, confidence, and determination to stand up for who you really are.

What does it take to be a friend? those small moments.........of sacrifice........and of sharing.



Now it is up to me to live up to what my friend sees in me......

0 comments: